- Lifespan Board of Directors
- Patient-Centered Care
- Groundbreaking Research
- Lifespan Community Programs
- Medical Education and Training
- Commitment to Quality and Safety
- Lifespan as an Employer
- Benefits at Lifespan: Total Rewards
- A Fit-Friendly Company
- Diversity and Inclusion
Nursing at Lifespan
- Lifespan Nursing Quick Connect
- Nursing at Rhode Island Hospital
Nursing at The Miriam Hospital
- Nursing Recognition
- Nurse Residency Program
- Our Philosophy of Nursing
- Professional Practice Model
- Our Care Delivery System
- Innovation and Research
- Student and Faculty Mandatory Orientation
- Nursing at Newport Hospital
- Quality and Safety
- Nurse Training
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Job Application Process FAQs
- Help With Applying Online
- Why Volunteer?
- Volunteering: Rights and Responsibilities
- Volunteer Opportunities at Rhode Island Hospital and its Hasbro Children's Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities at The Miriam Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities at Newport Hospital
- Papitto Opportunity Connection
- Free Career Training Programs
- Request Information about a Career Training Program
- Summer Youth Employment Program
- Meet the Team
- In the News
- Lifespan Executive Leadership
- Lifespan and The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
- Lifespan Facts & Statistics
- Lifespan Reports
- Research at Lifespan
Lifespan Community Affairs
Community Health Institute
- Community Demonstration Kitchen
- Community Forum Schedule
- Community Health Reports and Resources
- Community Liaisons
- Contact Us
- Courses Offered by the Lifespan Community Training Center
- Health Education for Adults & Professionals
- Health Screenings and Adult Immunization Clinics
- Learning from Our Community
- Lifespan Community Health Institute
- Lifespan Community Training Center
- Our Staff
- Safe Sitter
- Social Needs Screening and Navigation Support
- Summer Sun Safety and More
- What We Do
- Youth Programs
- Corporate Citizenship
- Neighborhood Relations
- Team Lifespan
- Intern Program Changing Lives
- Community Health Institute
- Giving at Lifespan
- Lifespan Purchasing
- Media Inquiries
- Patient Privacy
- Lifespan Health Alliance ACO
Benefits at Lifespan: Total Rewards
Total Rewards for a Total You
Lifespan offers one of the most competitive, diverse and modern collections of health and well-being benefits in the industry. We are committed to creating an environment that supports the holistic well-being of our employees and their families. We recognize and reward employees who demonstrate our shared CARE values and provide them with a comprehensive suite of benefits for living.
A Comprehensive Suite of Benefits
Total Rewards for a Total You is the compilation of all the great benefits, programs and opportunities available to you, as an employee of Lifespan. This program is an important part of what makes Lifespan an employer of choice as we advance our mission of Delivering health with care.
Watch the video.
Health and Well-Being
Medical Plans and Health Savings
The following benefits are available to Lifespan employees, along with many ways to save:
- Comprehensive medical PPO plan, administered through Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island, for full- and part-time employees with nationwide coverage, low cost and no deductible.
- Member discounts through Blue 365 and annual fitness reimbursement.
- Significant prescription drug savings at all five Lifespan Pharmacy locations with free home delivery.
- Two affordable dental plans with comprehensive care for you and your covered family members through Delta Dental.
- A comprehensive vision plan, offered through EyeMed, covers in- and out-of-network services for you and your covered family members.
- Services include exams, frames and lenses or contacts each year, plus discounts on LASIK and hearing aids, and additional savings with the EyeMed Freedom Pass.
- Two Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options to help you pay for out-of-pocket healthcare or dependent care expenses and services pre-tax.
- Access expert primary care with additional savings at Lifespan Physician Group and Coastal Medical with over 150 providers; offering flexible and convenient locations, hours and services.
Resources for Lifespan employees that support their physical, emotional and mental health:
- Earn up to $200 in rewards annually through Living Well, Lifespan’s employee well-being program, by engaging in healthy activities on the job or outside of work that support your physical and emotional health.
- Modern employee assistance program (EAP) accessible 24/7 by you or anyone in your home at no cost.
- Services include confidential and individualized counseling with added work life solutions such as wellness coaching, virtual concierge, e-learning, financial/legal resources, and entertainment discounts.
Save for retirement and access resources to support your financial goals:
- All new employees, other than temporary, are eligible for Lifespan’s 401(k) retirement plan with Fidelity upon hire to contribute.
- Lifespan provides a dollar-for-dollar matching contribution on the first 6% of eligible pay you contribute to your account after you have reached your one-year anniversary of employment, if you have worked at least 1,000 hours in the first year (Residents and fellows may contribute to the 401(k) plan but are not eligible for the match.)
- Free consultations with a Lifespan dedicated Fidelity retirement planner for help with investment strategies, savings planning, and more.
The following insurance options are available to Lifespan employees:
- Lifespan provides basic term life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) coverage at no cost to you.
- Free access to Benefit Scout, an online benefits-decision tool to calculate your life insurance needs.
- Basic long- and short-term disability coverage is provided to all employees by Lifespan at no cost to you (additional buy-up options are available.)
- Affordable voluntary legal insurance.
- Comprehensive voluntary pet insurance.
- HIV insurance.
- Home and auto insurance discounts.
College Savings and Planning Support
There are several college planning and savings resources available to employees including CollegeBound Saver, Rhode Island’s 529 education savings plan; College Coach, free support for preparing for and applying to college; and a student loan debt repayment benefit starting in 2022 available to full-time, benefit-eligible employees
Other benefits of working for Lifespan include:
- Robust family care and support solutions, including affordable child and elder back-up care, Sittercity membership ($150 value) paid by Lifespan, discounted tutoring, test prep services, and more.
- Generous paid time off.
- Lifespan’s reward and recognition programs acknowledge our shared values of compassion, accountability, respect, and excellence.
- Lifespan's community involvement provides opportunities to employees that positively impact their lives and our community outside of Lifespan through mentoring and volunteering.
- Employee discount program offering savings on big purchases, appliances, electronics, travel, and everyday items such as food, meal kits and fitness.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Free employee parking.
- Lifespan hospitals are tobacco-free and drug-free.
Work for Lifespan
Take advantage of all the benefits of working at Lifespan.