Nursing at Bradley Hospital
At Bradley Hospital, we are recognized for our expertise in nursing and mental health care for children and adolescents with psychological, developmental, and behavioral problems. Our advanced practice nurses, registered nurses, behavioral health specialists, and residential care counselors are integral members of the interdisciplinary team. Our nurses provide exceptional whole healthcare that addresses both physical and psychiatric mental health needs throughout our programs that include inpatient, outpatient, resident homes, partial hospital stays, and more.
At Bradley Hospital we are proud to be the nation’s first psychiatric hospital exclusively for children and to be a renowned center of innovation, research, and exceptional care for the children of today who will become the adults of the future.
The mission of professional nursing at Bradley Hospital is to create a culture for nurses with passionate belief in the application of skills, knowledge, and compassion that make a difference in the life of each patient, during every interaction, and every time. It is our goal to support the courage of our patients and their families, to instill hope for the future, and to use our voices to enable them to develop theirs.
We believe in a wholistic approach in the care of our patients:
- Wisdom garnered from education.
- Experience, competence, and empathy. Expertise in nursing practice, research, leadership, and meeting the unique needs of every patient and family.
- Creating joy and meaning in our practice and community through the core belief in ourselves and in the innate dignity of every human being.
- Advocacy for our patients, families, colleagues, and ourselves.
- Reaching toward a body-mind-spirit integration and the instillation of hope.
- Ethical treatment of a diverse patient population.
As committed professionals, every nurse blazes the trail to meet our vision of caring by espousing the following values:
- Team building
- Relationship building
- Authentic individual caring
- Innovating research and education
About Bradley Hospital
Emma Pendleton Bradley Hospital, founded in 1931 and known today as Bradley Hospital, is the nation's first psychiatric hospital devoted exclusively to children and adolescents.
A Lifespan partner and a teaching hospital for The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Bradley Hospital has established itself as the national center for training and research in child and adolescent psychiatry.
Bradley Hospital is a 70-bed, private, not-for-profit hospital. Its subsidiary, Lifespan School Solutions, is the parent corporation of the Bradley Schools and provides services to other programs as well. They provide special education oversight, clinical coordination, technical assistance, and administrative support to the schools.
We are committed to excellence in training and research and to improving the health status of the community as part of a comprehensive, integrated and accessible health care system.
- Our Mission
- Lifespan Board of Directors
- Lifespan Executive Leadership
- Lifespan Careers
- Lifespan Newsroom
- Lifespan Reports
- Lifespan Facts & Statistics
- Groundbreaking Research
- Lifespan and The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
- Lifespan Community Affairs
- Giving at Lifespan
- Lifespan Purchasing
- Patient Privacy
- Lifespan Health Alliance ACO