Pharmacy Technician II Training Program
The Workforce Solutions, Training, and Teamwork (STAT) Pharmacy Technician Program, in partnership with Community College of Rhode Island, features a series of free educational training and support services for those ages 18 and older. The goal of the program is to meet industry needs by rapidly transforming a group of unemployed and underemployed entry-level Rhode Islanders into prepared, well-qualified pharmacy technicians.
Program graduates have opportunities to secure employment in Lifespan after program completion and have access to a variety of benefits.
Pharmacy Technician II Training Program Information Sessions
Recruitment for the September Pharmacy Technician II training has closed. Please continue to check back for upcoming info session dates for future cohorts.
More About the Pharmacy Technician II Training Program
Each cohort of students complete a free program consisting of:
- Classroom learning and labs at CCRI.
- An externship experience at a Lifespan affiliate.
- Practical work experience and networking opportunities to prepare for a successful future career in healthcare.
- Structured work-readiness training and workshops to build employability skills.
- The possibility of employment upon successful completion of the program.
Students who successfully complete the program will receive a Pharmacy Technician license.
This program will train students to:
- Intake written and electronic prescriptions.
- Repackage and label medications for distribution.
- Assist in maintaining related Pharmacy records and files.
- Answer phones and triage as appropriate.
- Prepare medications for review and dispensing by a pharmacist.
- Perform general operations of electronic drug dispensing system, including maintaining, assigning, refilling and removing medication.
- Deliver medications to clinic, procedural, treatment, operating room and patient care areas.
Program Completion Requirements
Students should note that:
- Attendance is mandatory. Any missed clinical time will need to be made up before certificate is awarded.
- Students must successfully pass all clinical practicums.
- Our Mission
- Lifespan Board of Directors
- Lifespan Executive Leadership
- Lifespan Careers
- Lifespan Newsroom
- Lifespan Reports
- Lifespan Facts & Statistics
- Groundbreaking Research
- Lifespan and The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
- Lifespan Community Affairs
- Giving at Lifespan
- Lifespan Purchasing
- Patient Privacy
- Lifespan Health Alliance ACO