- Lifespan Board of Directors
- Patient-Centered Care
- Groundbreaking Research
- Lifespan Community Programs
- Medical Education and Training
- Commitment to Quality and Safety
- Lifespan as an Employer
- Benefits at Lifespan: Total Rewards
- A Fit-Friendly Company
- Diversity and Inclusion
Nursing at Lifespan
- Lifespan Nursing Quick Connect
- Nursing at Rhode Island Hospital
Nursing at The Miriam Hospital
- Nursing Recognition
- Nurse Residency Program
- Our Philosophy of Nursing
- Professional Practice Model
- Our Care Delivery System
- Innovation and Research
- Student and Faculty Mandatory Orientation
- Nursing at Newport Hospital
- Quality and Safety
- Nurse Training
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Job Application Process FAQs
- Help With Applying Online
- Why Volunteer?
- Volunteering: Rights and Responsibilities
- Volunteer Opportunities at Rhode Island Hospital and its Hasbro Children's Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities at The Miriam Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities at Newport Hospital
- Papitto Opportunity Connection
- Free Career Training Programs
- Request Information about a Career Training Program
- Summer Youth Employment Program
- Meet the Team
- In the News
- Lifespan Executive Leadership
- Lifespan and The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
- Lifespan Facts & Statistics
- Lifespan Reports
- Research at Lifespan
Lifespan Community Affairs
Community Health Institute
- Community Demonstration Kitchen
- Community Forum Schedule
- Community Health Reports and Resources
- Community Liaisons
- Contact Us
- Courses Offered by the Lifespan Community Training Center
- Health Education for Adults & Professionals
- Health Screenings and Adult Immunization Clinics
- Learning from Our Community
- Lifespan Community Health Institute
- Lifespan Community Training Center
- Our Staff
- Safe Sitter
- Social Needs Screening and Navigation Support
- Summer Sun Safety and More
- What We Do
- Youth Programs
- Corporate Citizenship
- Neighborhood Relations
- Team Lifespan
- Intern Program Changing Lives
- Community Health Institute
- Giving at Lifespan
- Lifespan Purchasing
- Media Inquiries
- Patient Privacy
- Lifespan Health Alliance ACO
Papitto Opportunity Connection Grant
Building a Workforce for the Future
The Papitto Opportunity Connection (POC) has provided Lifespan with a four-year, $10 million grant award to support career programs that help ensure our workforce and its leaders reflect the communities we serve. This unique partnership provides a sustainable way to accelerate our efforts to build a professional development program that is not just for entry level jobs, but for meaningful employment pathways and career-oriented opportunities.
“This program has given me the opportunity, the ability and the capability to be able to have life-changing experiences that I can pass on to other people." - Isaac Demola
Building the Workforce of the Future
Learn more about the on the impact of the Papitto Opportunity Connection grant at Lifespan and in the communities we serve.
The POC award will allow Lifespan to provide the state’s Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) community with free training programs that lead to certifications for high-demand medical professions including:
Training the Next Voices at Lifespan
Learn about our free career training programs for medical assistant, mental health worker, nursing assistant, and pharmacy technician II.
How Will Grant Support Help?
With the grant support, Lifespan will expand existing and implement new workforce development programs including:
- A paid job training program for formerly incarcerated BIPOC individuals.
- A nursing leadership fellowship program.
- A succession planning program to prepare diverse employees for leadership roles.
- Additional academic scholarship opportunities.
Lifespan also hopes to hire up to 80 BIPOC adolescents through our summer youth employment program.
About the Papitto Opportunity Connection
The POC is a non-profit private foundation dedicated to listening and working together with Rhode Island’s BIPOC communities to empower and create individual success stories by investing in education, job skills training, and entrepreneurial ventures.