- Lifespan Board of Directors
- Patient-Centered Care
- Groundbreaking Research
- Lifespan Community Programs
- Medical Education and Training
- Commitment to Quality and Safety
- Lifespan as an Employer
- Benefits at Lifespan: Total Rewards
- A Fit-Friendly Company
- Diversity and Inclusion
Nursing at Lifespan
- Lifespan Nursing Quick Connect
- Nursing at Rhode Island Hospital
Nursing at The Miriam Hospital
- Nursing Recognition
- Nurse Residency Program
- Our Philosophy of Nursing
- Professional Practice Model
- Our Care Delivery System
- Innovation and Research
- Student and Faculty Mandatory Orientation
- Nursing at Newport Hospital
- Quality and Safety
- Nurse Training
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Job Application Process FAQs
- Help With Applying Online
- Why Volunteer?
- Volunteering: Rights and Responsibilities
- Volunteer Opportunities at Rhode Island Hospital and its Hasbro Children's Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities at The Miriam Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities at Newport Hospital
- Papitto Opportunity Connection
- Free Career Training Programs
- Request Information about a Career Training Program
- Summer Youth Employment Program
- Meet the Team
- In the News
- Lifespan Executive Leadership
- Lifespan and The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
- Lifespan Facts & Statistics
- Lifespan Reports
- Research at Lifespan
Lifespan Community Affairs
Community Health Institute
- Community Demonstration Kitchen
- Community Forum Schedule
- Community Health Reports and Resources
- Community Liaisons
- Contact Us
- Courses Offered by the Lifespan Community Training Center
- Health Education for Adults & Professionals
- Health Screenings and Adult Immunization Clinics
- Learning from Our Community
- Lifespan Community Health Institute
- Lifespan Community Training Center
- Our Staff
- Safe Sitter
- Social Needs Screening and Navigation Support
- Summer Sun Safety and More
- What We Do
- Youth Programs
- Corporate Citizenship
- Neighborhood Relations
- Team Lifespan
- Intern Program Changing Lives
- Community Health Institute
- Giving at Lifespan
- Lifespan Purchasing
- Media Inquiries
- Patient Privacy
- Lifespan Health Alliance ACO
Lifespan Corporate Giving
Lifespan and its affiliate hospitals have a long-standing history of giving financial and in-kind support to projects, events and programs which benefit the local communities and are core to our mission. As a not-for-profit institution, Lifespan and its affiliates provide substantial uncompensated medical care as well as community support through education and research initiatives.
Lifespan also provides donation and sponsorships in our communities on an annual basis through the office of community relations. Our giving aims to support the health of all Rhode Islanders with a strategic focus on neighborhoods in the Greater Providence Metropolitan area, East Providence, Aquidneck Island as well as cities and towns which closely surround our hospitals.
We consider requests for funding, sponsorship and in-kind support for new and ongoing programs that intend to improve the health of the communities we serve and align within our key health focus areas.
This includes health education and prevention initiatives which targets cardiac disease/cardiac health, cancer, women’s health, pediatric health, mental/behavioral health, neurological sciences and infectious disease.
We also support organizations and institutions providing evidence based programming or degree programs that provide pathways to careers in health care. Other areas for consideration include community and environmental improvements with direct impact on community health. Please review our key focus areas for further information about the kinds of events, programs and projects we support.
Lifespan's Key Focus Areas
Applications which align with the following areas of focus are considered with higher priority than others.
Health and Wellness Activities
This category supports programming and events which address the health of all Rhode Islanders especially with the core risk factors of:
- Cardiac Disease/Cardiac Health
- Women’s Health
- Pediatric Health
- Mental and Behavioral Health
- Neurological Sciences
- Infectious Disease
Workforce Development and Higher Education
This category supports educational institutions in Rhode Island with programs which provide pathways to health care careers.
Community and Environmental Improvements
Delivering health with care extends beyond the physical buildings of our organization. As good neighbors, we welcome the opportunity to support non-profits with programs and events that specifically and solely support the neighborhoods around our hospitals in community cohesion and environmental improvements. Examples include but are not limited to street tree plantings, community gardens, community clean ups, and neighborhood park improvements.
This focus area is only eligible to organizations situated or serving the following zip codes: 02907, 02905, 02906, 02914, 02840, 02842, 02860 and 02863.
To be considered for funding, the requestor must be a certified 501c(3) organization and an online application must be completed and received eight weeks in advance of the event or program being submitted. Requests are reviewed on a rolling basis and you will be notified of a decision within four weeks of receipt of your application. Applications which demonstrate a measurable need in the community and are aligned with our focus and strategic priorities are considered eligible and awards are based on funding availability.
Lifespan does not support the following:
- Individuals or personal fundraising efforts
- Multiyear pledge campaigns
- Pageants, parties or trips
Please know that Lifespan does not grant renewable or automatic contributions to any organization.
Supporting Our Mission and Community
Lifespan and its affiliate hospitals have a long-standing history of giving financial and in-kind support to projects, events and programs which are core to the mission and benefit local communities.