- Lifespan Board of Directors
- Patient-Centered Care
- Groundbreaking Research
- Lifespan Community Programs
- Medical Education and Training
- Commitment to Quality and Safety
- Lifespan as an Employer
- Benefits at Lifespan: Total Rewards
- A Fit-Friendly Company
- Diversity and Inclusion
Nursing at Lifespan
- Lifespan Nursing Quick Connect
- Nursing at Rhode Island Hospital
Nursing at The Miriam Hospital
- Nursing Recognition
- Nurse Residency Program
- Our Philosophy of Nursing
- Professional Practice Model
- Our Care Delivery System
- Innovation and Research
- Student and Faculty Mandatory Orientation
- Nursing at Newport Hospital
- Quality and Safety
- Nurse Training
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Job Application Process FAQs
- Help With Applying Online
- Why Volunteer?
- Volunteering: Rights and Responsibilities
- Volunteer Opportunities at Rhode Island Hospital and its Hasbro Children's Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities at The Miriam Hospital
- Volunteer Opportunities at Newport Hospital
- Papitto Opportunity Connection
- Free Career Training Programs
- Request Information about a Career Training Program
- Summer Youth Employment Program
- Meet the Team
- In the News
- Lifespan Executive Leadership
- Lifespan and The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
- Lifespan Facts & Statistics
- Lifespan Reports
- Research at Lifespan
Lifespan Community Affairs
Community Health Institute
- Community Demonstration Kitchen
- Community Forum Schedule
- Community Health Reports and Resources
- Community Liaisons
- Contact Us
- Courses Offered by the Lifespan Community Training Center
- Health Education for Adults & Professionals
- Health Screenings and Adult Immunization Clinics
- Learning from Our Community
- Lifespan Community Health Institute
- Lifespan Community Training Center
- Our Staff
- Safe Sitter
- Social Needs Screening and Navigation Support
- Summer Sun Safety and More
- What We Do
- Youth Programs
- Corporate Citizenship
- Neighborhood Relations
- Team Lifespan
- Intern Program Changing Lives
- Community Health Institute
- Giving at Lifespan
- Lifespan Purchasing
- Media Inquiries
- Patient Privacy
- Lifespan Health Alliance ACO
Mental Health Care
As the area's largest provider of psychiatric and behavioral health services, Lifespan is committed to integrating high-quality mental health care with primary medical services. Essential services for the treatment of mental illness and substance abuse are located both in our hospitals and in the communities, where people live and work and can access them easily.
Lifespan is committed to integrating high-quality mental health care with primary medical services.
- Lifespan’s partner hospitals provide mental health services for our medical and surgical patients and for more than 75,000 outpatient visits each year.
- Psychiatry and Behavioral Health Services at Lifespan is one of the nation’s leading clinical, educational and research programs.
- Rhode Island and Miriam hospital share deep expertise in geriatric psychiatry and offer programs that address the specific needs of elderly patients.
- The Norman Prince Neurosciences Institute includes a broad variety of experts who treat and study mental disorders and engage in groundbreaking research on mental illnesses and impairments and their causes.
- Gateway Healthcare offers integrated treatment and prevention through residential, outpatient, and community-based programs, providing services 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Gateway's network includes The Autism Project, Capital City Community Centers, and FRIENDS WAY.
- Bradley Hospital provides a full range of family-focused, high-quality mental health care to infants, children, and adolescents with emotional disorders and/or developmental disabilities.
- Bradley Hospital provides outpatient behavioral health services through its outpatient programs, which allow patients to participate in therapy during the day and return at night to their homes and families.
- Bradley Hospital offers the Intensive Program for Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, which uses a milieu-based model to treat kids with OCD.
- Bradley Hospital and Gateway Healthcare launched Kids Link, a hotline for children in emotional crisis that connects parents and caregivers to children’s services in Rhode Island and helps parents determine where to go for treatment and counseling.
- Hasbro Children's Hospital and Bradley Hospital collaborate to offer the Medical Psychiatric Program for children and adolescents who struggle with both psychiatric and medical illness. It is the only program in the region designed to provide family-based integrated care for this population.
- Newport Hospital offers a range of adult psychiatric services that include emergency, inpatient, and outpatient capabilities.
- Newport Hospital and Bradley Hospital partner to provide mental health care for children ages 3 to 17 in Newport County. Services range from psychiatric assessment to diagnosis and medication management and include outpatient psychiatry.