- COVID-19 Information for Patients at the Birthing Center
- Private Suites
- State-of-the-Art Facilities
- Your Health Care Team
- Education Programs
- Pregnancy Resources
- Breastfeeding Basics
- Managing Pain During Childbirth
- Birthing Center Baby Album
The Noreen Stonor Drexel Birthing Center is where families are born. Our birthing suites are designed to promote family-centered care and to support family closeness. Each suite is designed for maximum peace and privacy and contains:
- A fully adjustable birthing bed
- A bassinet for your newborn
- A sleep sofa so your birthing partner can comfortably stay overnight
- Table and chairs so families can dine together
For more information about the Noreen Stonor Drexel Birthing Center, call us at 401-845-1110.
Because childbirth is a natural process, not an illness, the equipment for labor and delivery is discreetly closeted behind wooden panels, yet close at hand. Each suite offers the comforts of home: a private bathroom with a shower and whirlpool tub, a refrigerator, television/VCR, a rocking chair and soft lighting.
To promote the bond between you and your baby and help you learn about your newborn’s needs, we encourage you to have your baby in your room with you as much as possible. However, our nursery is available should you need additional rest.