Pediatric Surgical Services
About Pediatric Surgical Services
Welcome to the division of surgery at Hasbro Children's Hospital. Our mission is to provide unborn children, infants and children through age 21 with the very best pediatric surgical care.
The division of pediatric surgery, a collaboration between Hasbro Children's Hospital and the department of surgery at The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, treats each patient with expertise and skill.
At Hasbro Children's Hospital, our team of pediatric surgeons, anesthesiologists and staff professionals provide an environment with the resources for the greatest achievements in pediatric surgical care, research and education. In fact, we are one of only 32 North American centers that train future pediatric surgeons.
What should a surgical patient and his/her family expect at Hasbro Children's Hospital? Watch this kid's-eye view video and find out.
Pediatric surgical services offered by Hasbro Children's Hospital include:
- Pediatric General Surgery
- Pediatric Hand Surgery
- Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Pediatric Orthopedics
- Pediatric Ophthalmology
- Pediatric Otolaryngology
- Pediatric Plastic Surgery
- Pediatric Urology
- Samuels Sinclair Dental Center
What to Expect
- Welcome from Dr. Luks
- General, Thoracic, Trauma and Endoscopic Surgery
- Emotionally Preparing Your Child for Surgery
- Preparation on the Night Before Surgery
- Surgery Cancellations
- The Day of Surgery
- ERAS (Enhanced Recovery After Surgery)
- Study Tests Nonsurgical Treatment as Viable Option for Acute Appendicitis
- Clinic Guides Complex Treatment of Vascular Anomalies