Ways to Give
Every day we treat hundreds of children who rely on Hasbro Children's Hospital for the very best care available. And every day, we rely on support from caring people like you to help ensure our vital work continues. Philanthropy is the cornerstone of everything we do. Every gift, no matter the size, makes an enormous difference. Each gift is an investment in the future of pediatric medicine, research, and medical education in southeastern New England. Please join us!
Give by Mail or Phone
Please send your check donation to the following address, along with a note detailing what type of gift you are giving:
Hasbro Children's Hospital
Rhode Island Hospital Foundation
PO Box H
Providence, RI 02901
You can also call the development office at 401-606-4667 to speak with a development officer.
All transaction are safe and secure using our online giving form.
Heroes for Hasbro: A Giving Society
Heroes for Hasbro is a giving society that recognizes donors who make an annual gift of $250 or more to Hasbro Children’s Hospital. Donors can direct their support to one of our top four funding needs: Child Life Services, the Healing Arts Program, the Medical-Legal Partnership or the area of greatest need. Gifts to these priority areas impact everyone who enters our doors and have the power to transform lives.
Become a Miracle Maker
Here’s an easy, convenient, and cost efficient way to donate to Hasbro Children’s Hospital and make an important difference in the lives of the children we care for.
Miracle makers make a monthly commitment – $15 a month – just $.50 a day!
How It Works
- You simply go to our secure donation page and enter the amount you want to give monthly and credit card information and then Hasbro Children’s Hospital does the rest.
- Your donation will be automatically charged to your credit card every month without you needing to do anything.
- The same amount will be deducted on the same day of every month until you tell us you would like to increase, decrease, or stop your donation.
Why Monthly Giving Is So Impactful
- It is easy and convenient. You will not need to write a check every time you make a donation.
- It enables you to make a larger donation by spreading the payments out rather than one lump sum.
- You will receive one tax receipt per year of your total annual giving for your records.
- Because we hope you're part of the Hasbro Children’s Hospital family for a long time, we don't set an end-date for your miracle maker giving. You're in complete control. If you need to make changes, please let us know.
For more information about monthly giving, please contact the development department at 401-444-6500.
If a broker holds your securities, please give them this information:
Rhode Island Hospital Foundation’s brokerage account is with State Street Bank & Trust Co., Boston. Brokers who have questions may contact Victoria Aguiar, our account representative, at (617) 664-9869. When sending securities, please reference the following information:
- The Lifespan account number is LM1E
- The DTC code (direct deposit number) is 0997
- The Agent Bank number is 26022
- Specify the donation is for Rhode Island Hospital Foundation and whether it is intended for Rhode Island Hospital or Hasbro Children’s Hospital and state that it is “In Care of Lifespan Corporation”
- Specify any details associated with the gift (restriction to a specific area or fund, a specific fund name or number, is it associated with an event, is it for a payment on an existing pledge)
- If using securities to make a payment on an existing pledge, if there is an overage amount, it will be credited to the unrestricted fund unless the donor, in writing, notifies the Development Office of an alternate preference
If you hold the securities:
Send the unendorsed securities by registered mail to:
Rhode Island Hospital Foundation
139 Point Street
Providence, RI 02903
In a separate envelope to the same address, send a letter stating your desire to donate the securities (giving the company name and number of shares of each) to the Foundation along with a stock power form and a Third Party Release form.
If you are donating securities, kindly inform the Development Office to make sure your gift is properly received, credited and receipted. Please contact Juliann Sousa, Chief Business Management Officer, Development, at (401) 444-6500; by fax at (401) 444-8235; or by emailing all of the following:
To honor a loved one, families may specify that memorial contributions be made to Hasbro Children's Hospital. Contact Michele Brannigan, at 401-444-4639 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Shop to Support Hasbro Children's Hospital
Since 1996, Gregg’s Restaurant has sponsored the "Giving Cake"—a delicious four-layer chocolate peanut butter cake created by Gregg's master bakers. Each time a whole Giving Cake is purchased, $2 of the purchase price is donated to Hasbro Children's Hospital. Each slice purchased provides a 25¢ donation. Indulge someone's sweet tooth!
“Our role in the community is very important to us” says Bob Bacon, owner of Gregg’s Restaurants. “All of our charitable efforts are geared towards important organizations that serve the same communities that we do. Our guests recognize this and respond with generous enthusiasm.”
To date, Gregg's Restaurants have raised over $130,000 through the Giving Tree and Giving Cake programs.
Host a Fundraiser
Community fundraisers are any project or activity that a community member, group, or company wants to organize to raise funds for Hasbro Children’s Hospital. Community fundraisers are often also called third-party events or cause related marketing. ANYTHING counts as a community fundraiser and we welcome fundraisers of all shapes and sizes – yard sales, lemonade stands, fun runs, musical events, sports exhibitions, etc.
Please fill out the online fundraising application to tell us more about you and your fundraising idea. We ask that you contact us 90 days in advance of your event date for proper time to review your information.
How do I get approval?
fill out the online fundraising application. Answer a few questions, and we’ll be in touch within a week.
Are there restrictions on fundraisers?
Your fundraiser should align with the mission and image of Hasbro Children’s Hospital. Events or activities will not be aligned with any alcohol, pharmaceutical, gambling, or tobacco organizations. If we have concerns about your event or potential sponsors, we can discuss this with you after you complete our online form.
When and where can I host a fundraiser?
You can host a fundraiser at any time of the year and anywhere in RI or the surrounding area.
What can I name my fundraiser?
Hasbro Children’s Hospital should be identified as the beneficiary of your fundraiser. A potential event name could be: "Walk for Kids benefiting Hasbro Children’s Hospital," but NOT “Hasbro Children’s Hospital Walk for Kids.”
Can I designate where my fundraising money goes in the hospital?
Yes. There is a list of the common programs and services that community fundraisers typically support. If you have another area of interest, we can discuss that option as well.
How do I plan a fundraiser?
Organization and support of others to help with the many tasks for your fundraiser are key elements. We suggest you set up a budget and fundraising goal. We can help with some guidance and support along the way.
Can someone from Hasbro Children’s Hospital attend and/or speak at my fundraiser or committee meetings?
Although we wish we could be at all events, our staff is only able to attend events on a case-by-case basis. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee physicians, staff, or volunteers at your fundraiser.
Are there any guidelines around sponsorship and in-kind donations?
To avoid duplicate solicitations, we ask that you notify us before asking a business or company for a donation, cash or in-kind.
Can I have a raffle at my event?
Yes, but to legally conduct any gambling activity or “game of chance” in Rhode Island, you must follow all rules and complete all forms as outlined by the Charitable Gaming Unit of the Rhode Island State Police. For more information, visit the Charitable Gaming Unit website.
What about an auction?
Yes, you can host a silent or live auction. As a reminder, when advertising any items in a silent or live auction, you must display the fair market value. A donor will not be eligible for a tax receipt for any auction items considered “priceless.” Hasbro Children’s Hospital will only issue IRS-compliant tax receipts if the donor pays beyond the fair market value and if payment is made directly to Hasbro Children’s Hospital.
Does Hasbro Children’s Hospital provide event insurance?
No, the organizers are responsible for obtaining any and all permits or insurance.
WHAT WE CAN DO
Once we receive information on your fundraiser, Hasbro Children’s Hospital staff can:
- Offer event planning expertise and advice.
- Acknowledge direct contributions to Hasbro Children’s Hospital. Donors must write a check directly to Hasbro to receive this acknowledgment. Note: These contributions will be added to the event donation total, but cannot be withdrawn for event expenses.
- Assist in the designation of the event proceeds.
- Provide a letter of support to validate the authenticity of the event and its organizers.
- Provide limited existing materials for your event such as brochures and newsletters.
- Hasbro Children's Hospital can promote the event, when appropriate and based on fundraising goals as outlined in the fundraising agreement.
Will you help promote my fundraiser?
We can guide you and provide ideas on promotion to you. We cannot manage your fundraiser, or provide current donor/sponsor lists.
Can I use Hasbro Children’s Hospital’s name and logo?
Community fundraisers committed to raising a minimum of $5,000 can use the “benefiting Hasbro Children’s Hospital” logo. Whenever you use our logo or name, your final piece (flyer, etc.) needs to be approved by the development staff. For those fundraisers raising less than $5,000, you may list “Benefiting Hasbro Children’s Hospital” in type in all materials.
Can you post my event on the Hasbro Children’s Hospital social media pages?
For your event to be posted on our social media pages, the revenue goal must be at least $5,000.
Can I post about my fundraiser on social media?
Yes, it’s a great way to promote your fundraiser and spread the word!
Do I need to create a 501c3 (non-profit) organization to host a fundraiser for Hasbro Children’s Hospital?
No. Just contact the development office at 401-444-6888 or KPaget@Lifespan.org and let us know your plans.
Should Hasbro Children’s Hospital issue tax receipts to my donors?
Yes. Hasbro Children’s Hospital will issue IRS-compliant tax receipts to the full extent of the law, but only if the donation is made payable directly to the hospital.
Can I pay myself back for expenses I’ve incurred?
You’re responsible for covering all expenses for your fundraiser and will not be reimbursed by Hasbro Children’s Hospital. If you are paying for expenses, please deduct these from the funds raised prior to sending your donation check. Your expenses shouldn’t exceed 40% of funds raised.
Where do I send proceeds?
All proceeds need to be made payable to Hasbro Children’s Hospital and mailed to us within 45 days of completing your fundraiser.
Rhode Island Hospital/Hasbro Children’s Hospital
Attn: TPE/Community Fundraisers
P.O. Box H
Providence, RI 02901
For more information please contact Keira Paget at 401-444-6888 or email KPaget@Lifespan.org.
Facebook Fundraising is as Easy as 1-2-3
1. GO TO: facebook.com/HasbroChildrensHospitalPage
2. CLICK: CREATE under Fundraisers
3. FOLLOW THE PROMPTS to set up your fundraiser and you’re done. Thank you! Then share with your friends and watch the dollars and support come in.
Thank you for your support!
Planned gifts such as bequests and charitable gift annuities are some of the most personal and important gifts that you can make to an organization you care about. They are a unique way to ensure that we can continue to care for our community far into the future