About Bradley Hospital
- Our History
- Bradley Hospital Executive Leadership
- Bradley Hospital Awards and Recognition
- Commitment to the Community
- Bradley Hospital Facts and Statistics
- Mental Health Advocacy
- Map, Directions, Parking and Volunteer Information
For Parents and Caregivers
- Planning Your Visit
- Family Advisory Council
- Family Liaison Program
- Nutrition: What We Offer
- Pet Visitation at Bradley Hospital
- Parenting Resources from the Experts at Bradley Hospital
- Online Parent Support Groups
- Resources for Parents
- Children's Behavioral Health Resources
- Insurance and Billing
- Parenting Matters Minute
- Our Centers and Services
- Parenting Matters
- Mindcast: Healthy Mind, Healthy Child Podcast
- Bradley Hospital Social Work and Counseling
- Nursing at Bradley Hospital
- Patient Stories
- Resources for Families
- Giving to Bradley Hospital
For Parents and Caregivers
Bradley Hospital is dedicated to patient- and family-centered mental health care. Parents, siblings and other loved ones of our young patients are participants in their care, helping Bradley staff better understand each child’s needs and supporting them during treatment.
For Patients and Families
At Bradley Hospital, we want to prepare you and your family for your visit and make your stay as comfortable as possible.
Download the Patient and Family Information Guide:
Comprehensive Family Services
Whether you are considering seeking our help or your child is already a patient, facing a mental health concern is a very stressful and, at times, traumatic experience. We are here to help you understand what your child is experiencing and how we can work to help your son or daughter.
Services We Offer
Services we offer families include:
- Compassionate one-on-one consultations from our clinical staff
- Emergency and urgent evaluations at our Access Center
- Dedicated family advocacy from our family liaison, who helps families understand and navigate the health care system
- Useful and important suggestions about education programs for your child
- Advice regarding accessing community resources
- Coordination of family support groups
- The Family Advisory Council, which strives to improve understanding and communication between the hospital staff and the family members they serve
Supporting the Community
Bradley Hospital is proud to be a resource for families in need of professional mental health care or who are looking for guidance regarding common emotional and social issues children and adolescents face. Our web site contains a library of articles, fact sheets, and videos that cover the spectrum of conditions and behaviors, ranging from improving communication with your child to managing anger. The Parenting Matters Minute video series, along with many of the educational resources we provide, is authored by staff of Bradley Hospital, a national leader in the treatment and research of child and adolescent mental health.
Throughout the year, Bradley also offers numerous events and conferences open to the public, including our annual Parenting Matters conference and our Speaking of Kids program. Learn more about our events.
Foundations for Infant/Toddler Social Emotional Health and Development: Online Course for Parents and Families
This online Foundations course, offered for free to parents and families by Bradley Hospital, includes 10 computer-based modules that offer insights about a baby’s social emotional health and development, and it highlights the importance of positive early relationship experiences for healthy development.
Let Us Be Your Guide
The Rhode Island Parents' Guide to Children's Mental Health (PDF) is packed with easy-to-read information for parents. The guide was produced in partnership with the Rhode Island Department of Health and Hasbro, Inc.