About Bradley Hospital
- Our History
- Bradley Hospital Executive Leadership
- Bradley Hospital Awards and Recognition
- Commitment to the Community
- Bradley Hospital Facts and Statistics
- Mental Health Advocacy
- Map, Directions, Parking and Volunteer Information
For Parents and Caregivers
- Planning Your Visit
- Family Advisory Council
- Family Liaison Program
- Nutrition: What We Offer
- Pet Visitation at Bradley Hospital
- Parenting Resources from the Experts at Bradley Hospital
- Online Parent Support Groups
- Resources for Parents
- Children's Behavioral Health Resources
- Insurance and Billing
- Parenting Matters Minute
- Our Centers and Services
- Parenting Matters
- Mindcast: Healthy Mind, Healthy Child Podcast
- Bradley Hospital Social Work and Counseling
- Nursing at Bradley Hospital
- Patient Stories
- Resources for Families
- Giving to Bradley Hospital
Family Advisory Council at Bradley Hospital
Bradley Hospital's family advisory council was formed in 2013 with a mission to actively engage families as partners with Bradley Hospital. The main goal of the council is to continuously improve understanding and communication between the hospital/school staff and the family members they serve.
Family Advisory Council Members
(Front row from left) Diane Hunter, Sarah Nottage, RN, Risk Manager/Nursing Leadership, Interim Co-Chair, Amy Smith, Becky Almeida, Sharon Schubert, Christine Brown, Family Liaison, Co-Chair.
(Back row from left) Tim Roderick, Bradley President Henry Sachs, MD, Chris Schubert.
(Not pictured) Marilyn Matzko, Angus Ross, Mimi Young.
The group’s many successes include:
- Useful and important suggestions about academic programming
- Access to resources and to service and advocacy information
- Social opportunities for children and adolescents
Group discussions have resulted in several operational improvements.
Families in the group have found friendship with and support from each other. Though their families are different and have faced unique problems, they are all experienced parents of teens, and have much compassion and wisdom to share. They also share a desire to influence change at Bradley.
Several parents said that they feel that Bradley Hospital saved their children’s lives. They recognize Bradley as a unique resource for families in the area, and believe it is vitally important that Bradley continue its mission to help as many families as possible.
The Bradley Hospital parent advisory council welcomes new members. The group is open to all parents who have, or have recently had children at Bradley Hospital.
Contact Christine Brown at 401-432-1205 or email@example.com.
The council is co-chaired by Christine Brown, director of the family and community liaison program at Bradley Hospital, and Kristen Kichefski, MSN, MBA, RN, vice president of nursing and patient care services at Bradley Hospital.
Meetings take place on the third Tuesday of each month from 6:30 to 8 p.m. in the Pine Room at Bradley Hospital, as well as online. Meetings begin with a light dinner, and most meetings feature guest visitors such as hospital leadership and clinical experts.
For information, or to receive the Zoom link (preregistration is required), please contact Christine Brown at 401-432-1205 or firstname.lastname@example.org.