Rhode Island Hospital Visiting Hours and Guidelines
Visiting Hours at Rhode Island Hospital
- General visiting hours: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. (last entry at 6:30 p.m.)
- Behavioral health unit visiting hours: 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. (last entry at 7:15 p.m.)
Please note that the Medical Office Center entrance at 2 Dudley Street is closed to visitors on Saturdays and Sundays.
General Guidelines for Visitors at Rhode Island Hospital
Masks are required during patient care. Visitors are required to wear a mask inside the patient room (at our hospitals) and exam room (in our medical offices) while the patient is receiving care/treatment. Please be prepared to mask at the request of the care team.
Visitors who are ill or have symptoms of communicable illnesses should not visit patients. The hospital will reserve the option to not allow visitation if there are specific communicable illness that warrant special consideration.
Visitors must be at least 13 years old.
Number of Visitors Per Patient
- Patients may have two visitors at a time.
- Patients on the Behavioral Health Units must identify six visitors for the duration of the hospital stay. One of the identified visitors may visit at a time.
- In the adult emergency department: Two family members/escorts may be permitted.
One person can accompany you for outpatient office visits or procedures. We encourage patients to avoid bringing children to appointments unless the child is the patient.