- Patients and Visitors
- Guidelines for Visitors and Families
- Safety Tips for Patients and Visitors
- Lifespan Interpreter Services
- MyLifespan Health Record Sign Up
- Lifespan Telehealth
Insurance, Billing and Financial Assistance
- What to Expect When You Arrive at the Hospital
- Know About Your Insurance Policy
- Frequently Asked Questions about Your Bill
- Cost of Care and Price Transparency at Lifespan Hospitals
- Your Rights and Protections Against Surprise Medical Bills
- Financial Assistance
- Pay a Bill Online
- Contact Lifespan Customer Service
- Request Medical Records
Ethics and Patient Rights
- About the Ethics Committee
- About Advance Directives
- Speak for Yourself
- End of Life Care
- Patient Rights and Responsibilities
- Related Links
- Spiritual Care Department
Spiritual Care at Lifespan Hospitals
As part of Lifespan’s commitment to providing care that recognizes the whole person, our spiritual care department is committed to meeting the spiritual and emotional needs of our patients, family, and staff. The community we serve includes a diversity of religions, cultures, and spiritual practices, as well as those who don’t identify with any spiritual or religious tradition. As a result, our staff takes a multi-faith approach to spiritual care, emphasizing the individual needs of those we serve.
Our chaplains are integrated into the care team, visiting patients and families at the bedside at Rhode Island Hospital and its Hasbro Children’s Hospital, The Miriam Hospital, and Newport Hospital. They also see patients on an outpatient basis at the Lifespan Cancer Institute at Rhode Island Hospital, The Miriam Hospital, and Newport Hospital.
Rhode Island Hospital and its Hasbro Children’s Hospital
Chaplains are at the hospitals Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. On-call chaplains are available nights and weekends for emergencies.
Spiritual Care Office: 401-444-4304
The Miriam Hospital
Chaplains are at the hospital Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. On-call chaplains are available nights and weekends for emergencies.
Spiritual Care Office: 401-793-5654
Chaplains are at the hospital Monday and Tuesday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and Wednesday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Spiritual Care Office: 401-845-1740
Hospital-Specific Information for Patients and Visitors
Choose a hospital below to get information about spiritual care visits, visiting hours, maps and directions, and what to expect for your visit: