Lifespan Medical Staff Services
- The Rhode Island Hospital Medical Staff
- The Miriam Hospital Medical Staff
- Bradley Hospital Medical Staff
- Newport Hospital Medical Staff
- Pharmacy Updates
- Provider On-Boarding and Orientation
- Lifespan Risk Management
- Education For Physicians
- Refer a Patient
- Profile Update Requests
- Benefits of a Warren Alpert Medical School Faculty Appointment
- Lifespan Medical Staff Services
Loss Prevention Grant Application
Lifespan Risk Services has been recognizing leaders and change agents in our system by providing funding for innovative efforts through education and research projects for many years. The core purpose of the Loss Prevention Grant Fund is to improve quality of care and decrease liability.
Application is open to all Lifespan employees and eligible affiliated physicians. The Loss Prevention Grant Fund will award up to a total of $250,000 for all grants funded in Policy Year 2023 to 2024.
This year priority will be given to proposals focused on multidisciplinary/multi-departmental/multi-hospital strategies aimed at:
- Reducing diagostic/treatment errors, omissions, or delays
- Care communications/teamwork/escalation of care
- Professional wellness
The Lifespan Loss Prevention Grant Fund provides a source of funding for projects relating to the following:
- Quality of care improvement efforts: Liability related to processes and/or systems that impact the way we care for our patients and families.
- Professional liability (malpractice): Liability incurred as a result of errors in performing professional clinical services. In recognition that practitioner wellness affects professional practice and patient outcomes, grants related to this topic are encouraged.
- General liability: Liability related to premises, operations, and products.
Funds that are awarded are to be used in the one-year grant fund period and are not intended to cover capital purchases, ongoing operational expenses or to fund permanent positions.
Applications must be submitted no later than Friday, April 28, 2023. If you have questions about this form, please contact Christina Gomes-Ferreira at 401-444-8251 or by email at email@example.com.
Download and read the Loss Prevention Grant Fund Proposal Application Instructions (PDF)